HIV and AIDS stay a persistent downside confronted by nearly everywhere in the world, particularly by the US. In lots of nations, ladies have been worst affected by this illness because the starting of the worldwide HIV epidemic. Since March 10 is Nationwide Girls and Ladies HIV/AIDS Consciousness Day, it’s proper time to make individuals know the fundamental details about HIV/AIDS.
Know concerning the Illness:
HIV is a human immunodeficiency virus that assaults our immune system and destroys the T cells, a sort of white blood cells, fully. This can turn into AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) as a result of which the immune system is simply too weak, thus by making individuals inclined to infections and illnesses. Is that this illness a curable one? Though there’s at the moment no everlasting remedy, with early analysis and the correct remedies like antiretroviral, individuals with HIV can dwell lengthy and wholesome lives. If left untreated, it will result in demise. How is HIV transmitted? This virus is present in semen, blood, rectal, vaginal fluids. Transmitted by sexual behaviors, sharing of needles and syringes, breastfeeding if the mom resides with HIV, and in addition blood transfusion. Why are ladies and ladies significantly at greater threat? Primarily due to lack of entry to well being care companies, gender inequality, cultural, social and financial standing and violence confronted by ladies and adolescent ladies within the society. Poverty can also be one of many causes for trafficking and sexual exploitation of younger ladies and adolescent ladies who could also be much less educated and no data concerning the dangers of HIV.
Methods to Defend Girls and Ladies:
- Firstly, study HIV/AIDS and share your data with household, buddies and the group;
- In case you are planning to have a child, it’s higher to get an HIV check carried out earlier than being pregnant for each you and your associate. This can show you how to to offer start an HIV-free and a wholesome child;
- At all times use condoms throughout intercourse – finest method to stop HIV and different sexually transmitted infections;
- Earlier than having intercourse, talk about along with your associate about HIV testing and get it carried out to keep away from threat;
- Restrict your variety of sexual companions;
- By no means share gear just like the syringe, needles. At all times use clear, contemporary needles to inject;
- In case you are an HIV affected mom, don’t breastfeed your child;
It’s all the extra vital to create consciousness concerning the affect of HIV/AIDS to forestall and defend ladies and younger ladies. There are lots of methods you are able to do this.
- On this consciousness day of March 10, manage an consciousness marketing campaign in your group in coordination with the healthcare professionals to make the general public conscious of HIV/AIDS, its affect, prevention strategies and methods to guard younger women and girls to save lots of their lives from this illness. Distributing giveaway items, like personalized wristbands in your consciousness marketing campaign is your best option to create consciousness. Individuals like to put on this vogue accent not solely due to its enticing colours and trendy nature, but additionally the attain they’ve amongst individuals.
- In lots of areas, ladies are denied training as a result of poverty and lots of extra causes. Educating them is the added benefit to extend their incomes means and to forestall an early marriage that may scale back their vulnerability to HIV. Educated ladies have the data to entry well being care companies for themselves and their household.
- A lot of the ladies face gender violence like sexual abuse, trafficking, overwhelmed by companions and in any other case abused of their lifetime. Creating consciousness amongst them can stop and finish this gender violence as soon as and for all.
- It is very important educate younger boys and males to respect ladies and to make them contain in household actions to keep away from damaging attitudes comparable to gender violence.
#Defend #Girls #Ladies #HIVAids